Thursday, February 8, 2018

I like Thursday, Febuary 8, 2018

40 Days until Spring!

It's time for another rendition of "I Like Thursday"  You can link up to LeeAnna's blog for more posts!
I like Celebrations!
Friday was Groundhog's Day which is also my Mom's birthday.  My Mom says that she has learned one thing from having been born on this day:  if the groundhog sees his shadow, there will be 6 more weeks of winter;  if the groundhog doesn't see his shadow, there will still be 6 more weeks of winter :)

I took Mom and my Aunt Kathy out to lunch on Friday and we had a great day!  Our favorite lunch spot is a little cafe in the next village called Sweet Memories, it is just comfy and sweet and we love the food and the family that owns it!
I mean how can you not love a cafe with an old quilt displayed?

Love their chandelier and all the little chachkies they have for sale!
I was treating my Aunt and Mom and was surprised when my Aunt presented me with a bouquet of flowers too.  It was very sweet of her!  Flowers this time of year make the weather more tolerable!

Love the blue Sea Holly flowers!

On Saturday, I decided to take another field trip.  I live in a neat part of Pennsylvania.  We are an hour west from Philadelphia; 17 miles west of us is a little college town called Kutztown.  My fabric shop is there on a Mennonite Farm and nearby is a farmer's market/flea market.  I hit both places on Saturday and didn't buy anything--it was just fun to get out.

I also visited the nearby flea market.   So much fun!  I have a very real fear of hording places (probably claustrophia in a way) so some stands make me crazy like this textile one:
 Even if it has an interesting quilt top, I just can't be in there long!

Stands like this one are wonderful, especially if you have a kitschy kitchen with red accents like I do!


On Monday, Scout got her sutures out!  Yippee!  But her seratoma is still visible (although 80 percent reduced) so she is on another week of quiet.  At least she doesn't have to wear the cone anymore.  She went from being a cone-head to a matt-head.  The rubbing of the cone on her fur has created terrible mats :(

I like that the Eagles won the superbowl! It made me so happy that my hubby's team finally won!  Scout like the day because of the Puppy and Kitten Bowls.  They really kept her engaged!
I hope you have a great week!
Cheers!






8 comments:

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Oh what wonderful outings you had! I would love to get to dig in some of those stalls! Birthdays and flowers and drives are such great ways to get through February. My Mom's bday is Dec. 19 and she never liked it...too close to Christmas.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Michele,
So glad to hear that Scout is doing better! One more week is hard on you but will be worth it in the end. How cute is that picture of the Puppy/Kitty Bowl and Scout?! Love it! I am so glad the Eagles won too! Yippee! Oh my, that one booth at the flea market . . . I wouldn't have been able to step in to look around. Too much for me to handle. Happy week to you! ~smile~ Roseanne

Shannon said...

I love your mom's comment about winter!! Happy Birthday to her! My uncle's birthday is also on groundhog day, while my sister's birthday is on Marine Corps birthday and my mom, grandfather, and another uncle are all within 2 days or so of labor day. My sister and I joke that all our family should have birthday near holidays, even minor ones, because then we remember! Have a great week!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I agree with your Mom - it's 6 more weeks of winter no matter what! I enjoy your countdown to Spring every week. Your lunch out with your mom and aunt looked fun! Hooray for the Eagles - I liked learning more about their back-up quarterback, and was happy he had such a great game!

PaintedThread said...

Yes, flowers this time of year are so welcome. Yay for celebrations and glad to hear Scout is doing well.

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

What a fun trip. That textile stand looked awful-not inviting but the red stand was so cute. Enjoy the day. mary in Az

Angie in SoCal said...

I'd love to go to a restaurant that has old quilts. How lovely to get flowers in winter. Have another great week.

Allie-oops Designs said...

Happy Birthday to your adorable mum!!!!!!!!! How lovely that your aunt brought you flowers, that's sweet. I should get some for myself - but I'll wait til my birthday and give my boys LOTS of hints. That cafe looks charming.
I don't like crowded booths like that either. Thing 2 and I went to the antiques mall yesterday, we couldn't find anything to buy! Pretty quilts but too high-priced. I love all the kitchen stuff.
Poor Scout - glad she got the cone off, but ugh mats! I wonder if it would help if you used a little conditioner. I'd be leery of the chemicals in it though. Do they make doggy conditioner?