Thursday, September 28, 2017

I like Thursdays: Septemeber 28, 2017

It's apple season!
What is your favorite type of apple?  My husband and I like Honeycrisp apples but this week we tried a new variety: Envy!  It was very good too!  We are expecting a good season of apples because we had so much rain this past summer.
I like pansies!  
We are expecting cooler temps to come in today.  In a weird turn of events, September was actually warmer than August.  I was not usually enthused about the arrival of autumn but after temps in the 90s, I'm looking forward to some cooler weather. 

I like old photographs!
I've actually been collecting paper ephemera for decades.  I like antique sewing magazines, victorian trade cards, and old photographs.  I think this school photo is endearing because of the little girls displaying their dolls.  Isn't is sweet?

That's all for this week.  Have a great day!

5 comments:

LA Paylor said...

honeycrisp are my faves. How is Scout?

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

Cute apple quilt! We like gala apples but once in a while I'll try new ones. Haven't heard of Envy before. Your pansy is lovely. Enjoy the cooler weather. mary

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love apple season, too! Some years we get enough apples off of our tree to make applesauce or even a pie. This year we didn't get any, probably due to a late frost. I love old pictures, too, especially if they are of family. It's fun to wonder what life was like for them. Happy Thursday!

PaintedThread said...

Galas are my favorite to eat, cortland to bake. I love the pansies - so colorful. We've had several days of warm weather, but it promises to be fall-like by the weekend.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Our weather seems to have run exactly the same...hotter Sept. than August and temps. just cooled off today back to normal.
I love apples and use them a lot; I can't get over how many varieties you see now. Lately I've been buying Pink Ladies.
I love to look at older photos too...I belong to several Facebook pages that share old photos. I love seeing the clothes, food, etc and in this case, would love a closer look at those dolls...precious!