Thursday, August 10, 2017

I like, August 10, 2017

I like having SANDRA AND DENNIS here!!!!!

Sandra and Dennis arrived Thursday and we had dinner at Olive Garden to celebrate their 32nd anniversary! We had a grand time and fabric shopped on Friday, toured a local cave on Saturday (and did some more shopping after we fed the guys lunch), and hung out here with Scout on Sunday.  This beautiful bird bag Sandra made for me and the tail is embellished with ribbons :)  
It's made of seersucker!  Her machine applique work is really impressive, I wish I was that even with my stitching.  She also gave me this little bag:
 This is my stash bag now.  I use it for fabric samples and measurements when I am shopping for specific fabric.  I love this little charm, just makes me smile everytime I see it :)
Mostly I just loved that we could get together.  There have been so many things going on as we get older and often my social plans get pushed to the side because of family responsiblities.  A photo from Lost River Caverns:
It was relaxing and fun and thank you Sandra and Dennis for taking the time to come down.   I'm so appreciative!    I'm getting some serious lobbying from my neighbors who want Sandra to move to Pennyslvania!

Scout was a big hit with the gang and got a LOT of attention while everyone was here.  She did cut her paw (we don't know how) at one point running around--so we are keeping her quiet until it heals.  
I like my neighbors and Scout likes them too.  She seems very content with visiting them instead of taking long walks these days:
Scout was weighed last week and is a whopping 27 lbs!  
Be sure to visit LeeAnna and the others who like at Not Afraid of Color!
Have a wonderful day!

5 comments:

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

What a sweet friend you have. The bird bag is so cute. Enjoy! mary in Az

Allie-oops Designs said...

Awww nothing like a Sandra bag - she is impressive, I agree! She can't move to your neck of the woods though, we want her in MICHIGAN!!!!!!! I hope Scout heals quickly!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Sorry to hear Scout hurt herself, and hope it is healing quickly. I love that photo of her sitting on the rock! Sounds like you had a wonderful time with your friends - it is always nice to catch up with special people in your life.

Julierose said...

Awww how cute is that bag--love it hugs, Julierose

Sandra :) said...

We had SUCH A FANTASTIC time, oh my! We got to finally see you again (after - what - 3 years?), we finally met that huggable teddy bear husband of yours (he and Dennis certainly got along well!), Scout is so so adorable and cute in person (Scout ... kisses!!!!), and your neighbours are delicious :) Lost River was fantastic (except for that goober who kept touching stuff even after he was told not to :D) - we'll be doing more caving - I think I've found a new addiction :D It was just a great great visit - thank you so much :)