Thursday, December 29, 2016

Famous Seamus


Just last Saturday--on Christmas Eve--Seamus turned 10 years old.  He had a wonderful Christmas as you can see by the Christmas post.  On Monday, he had a wonderful day, visited all the people he loved most.  Everything was fine.  And then at 8:30 pm, something was wrong.  He couldn't sit or lay down.

We rushed him to the vet hospital.

Although Seamus' hepatitis was improving, no one realized he had a fast growing mass on his spleen which had begun to bleed Monday night.  He passed away early Tuesday morning.

When we got Seamus as a puppy, he was terribly ill with pneumonia and almost died.  Twice a day we would take him to the vet for IV meds and check-ups.  We have always felt that he knew he was saved by humans.  My mother referred to him as an angel that God wanted save to provide comfort to all.  I think that is why he passed the therapy dog test so early.   Unlike many dogs, he LOVED going to the vets and wanted to visit everyone.  He remained a cuddle pup his entire life.

It isn't just my husband and I that are devastated.  I cannot even count all the people that were touched by Seamus' loving personality.  His therapy patients, the many people he adopted in our neighborhood, his many friends at the park.  He loved everyone and everyone loved him.  
A neighbor dropped off this plant for us in memory of our sweet boy.
The news has spread through my city neighborhood and I can't believe the response of the folks around here. So many people have stopped by or called to relay their sympathy and to acknowledge how much he will be missed.  We have been inundated with love.

 I am grateful to all of  you who have shared the loss with my husband and me.  

My one comfort these days is that his life meant so much to so many. 

Thank you for your kindness and for loving my boy.





7 comments:

Tails Around the Ranch said...

anine condolences from us at Tails Around the Ranch (we found your site through LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color). Owning 2 poodles myself currently, I know the heartbreak of losing one of your own. So very sorry for your loss. I hope tender thoughts and sweet memories provide some comfort. We'll be thinking of you.
~Monika, Sam & Elsa 🐾

claudia said...

Oh Honey! I am so sorry for your loss, and for all the others who knew Seamus personally! I am teary eyed at this news, because I know how much he meant to you and your husband. Praying for you for peace and strength.

Martha said...

So very sorry to hear the news about Seamus. It's difficult to lose such a wonderful companion, but it must be comforting to know that he brought such joy and love to so many people. My thoughts are with you are your family this evening.

MissPat said...

Mickie,
LeeAnna passed along word about Seamus. I just want to add my words of sympathy. It is very hard to lose a treasure companion and especially hard at this time of year. Remember all the good times and the joy Seamus brought to so many people. Peace.
Pat

Sandra :) said...

Hugs. Just ... hugs.

XO,
Sandra & Dennis

Unknown said...

My heart knows your pain too well. My beloved 12 year old standard poodle also passed on Tuesday morning. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Allie-oops Designs said...

Oh my goodness Mickie - devastated for you - sorry I'm so late reading this. Sending you lots and lots and LOTS of hugs. What a blessing you were to
Seamus....